Sunday, November 1, 2009

Believing in Magic

As Alice said:

I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think.
Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think
I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not
the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?'
Ah, that's the great puzzle!


Alice In Wonderland


It seems that as we leave childhood behind, many of us leave with it the belief in magic. But isn't magic simply the way we view things? True magic is the ability to transform, to create one's own version of the dream, and to believe from the very first thought of a dream that the dream can come true. Perhaps we can all use an infusion of that magic, that belief that we count as individuals, and that while our journey is our own, the characters we meet along the way truly make the journey more exciting. Personally, while my journey has sometimes been a bit odd, I have been gifted and blessed with amazingly wonderful supporting characters in my life.

I believe that every single dream matters, that each of us can create what we want regardless of the state the world, and that every day is an opportunity to realize our true essence, to participate in the dreams of others, and to frolic a bit in the silly and absurd as much as we can.

Yesterday we, being a particular group of friends, participated in a birthday party of another. All of us over 50, celebrating our friend's love of Alice In Wonderland,the venue so wonderfully decorated by one (and the main foodie of the day), appetizers contributed by several, the cupcakes by me, and so on. It was a magical day. The hostess provided us with hats, Alice quotes randomly attached to the walls, games, etc. and for one very lovely day we were all able to share our magic, and forget the mundane issues of our lives. I must say, the blue drinks went down very easily...a few photos to share. As the holidays of our culture are just around the corner, I encourage you to engage in a bit of magic of you own.

Namaste










No comments:

Post a Comment