Thursday, August 6, 2009

Art Smith - My Jewelry Muse





Art Smith was a very important and prominent jeweler of the 40's and 50's. Anyone who knows me well knows he is my inspiration for making jewelry. I have many favorite artists but Smith is the one whose jewelry makes my heart soar. Here is one of his most known works.


And here is the man (courtesy of http://www.modernsilver.com/)


He is an example of my belief that true talent is never one-dimensional, it never lives in only one part of us, it never betrays us, and it never leaves because good art is our best legacy.

I would encourage you to read his obituary (link below) which is incredibly rich in respect, celebrity, life and the honoring of greatness and talent. Jewelry was what he chose to do but it wasn't who he was. He was a fully realized and highly developed artist in all ways........and will always be my muse.....

Courtesy of 925-1000.com - Art Smith

Namaste'


No comments:

Post a Comment