Monday, September 14, 2009

Look What I Found

Culling my many books, clippings, swatches and stones - and the wondrous worldwide web - in search of inspiration, as I do on days when I'm short of it, I came across something of a reminder and, I think, a brilliant one at that. Too bad it wasn't my idea. But there you go, we all have ideas but don't always act upon them. Lee Crutchley, graphic designer, finds quotations, plays with them a bit, scans them and creates art. So if he's been culling his quotation books, at least he's done something amazing with what he's found. I think this one in particular is appropriate for myself and a few of my friends.






Just a little reminder for all of us to take the things that come to us and do something with them, otherwise, no one will know how brilliant we really are....go ahead, be daring....make your art, because what you read on the left in Crutchley's piece, is true....and our talent is a gift....success of any kind only comes when we use our gift. To hell with what people think, make art, don't be a part of the common heap who give up.....and there are many of us.......be brave......


Lee Crutchley, graphic designer (Click here for his flicker set of other quotations......and look at this next one.....


Before you leave this page, take a look at another Crutchley wonder.....and wouldn't it be nice to take words and images and send this message to someone special.....



























Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment