Friday, July 24, 2009

My Art


I'm thinking of painting again, not just yet, but soon. When I finish more metal work, more jewelry, just a thought. I'm in this place of transformation and have been here for awhile. I will live here a bit longer and then move forward, renewed, healed, and I will paint again.
I like abstractions, emotional color, things that cause heat to rise in one's heart, passion, or the opposite of tranquility, a sense of being liquid. I also love black and white, but never anything spiritually gray, never anything just there. In black and white one appreciates the form of a thing, the structure. With color, one can imagine entire worlds of their own, places to walk, to hide, to linger.
I strive for peace in my life but in my art I want hard core in your face impact. Soon, like this piece, it was once a photograph, like me, it is now something else....

No comments:

Post a Comment